- A lifting mechanism consisting of ropes, a pulley block, and a hook.More example sentences
- We have bent a number of bows using a steam box and a jig with a block and tackle and pulleys to bend them around a form.
- There was clearly no time to rig a block and tackle to winch the casualty on board.
- A block and tackle can contain as many pulleys as you like, although at some point the amount of friction in the pulley shafts begins to become a significant source of resistance.
More definitions of block and tackleDefinition of block and tackle in:
- The US English dictionary