- A system of railway signalling which divides the track into sections and allows no train to enter a section that is not completely clear.More example sentences
- He describes the first electrical equipment as well as the progressive adoption of electro-semaphore signalling and the organisation of the block system.
- Electricity was also used by the block system of signalling, to keep trains apart.
- The most used sections now use a variation of the moving block system, which means traffic is defined by trains, not by blocks, so trains can be closer and run more often.
More definitions of block systemDefinition of block system in:
- The US English dictionary