- 1A substance which prevents or inhibits a given physiological function: the nicotinic receptor blocker significantly influenced fluid transport in the inflamed intestinesMore example sentences
- We coded all drugs according to the British National Formulary and defined secondary prevention drugs as aspirin, blockers, lipid lowering agents, or angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors.
- The rest of the market goes to acid blockers, which prevent the action of histamine on the acid-secreting cells of the stomach, reducing acid secretion.
- Medicines called ACE inhibitors and angiotensin-II receptor blockers are helpful.
- 2 Cricket A habitually defensive batsman.More example sentences
- They have always taken the mickey out of me for being a blocker, but in that match I hit 22 and I actually played some shots.
- In the past, it was almost compulsory to have a blocker, someone who would occasionally hit the bad ball but as likely to treat it with disdain in protection of his wicket.
- His teams of the thirties and forties always had one artful blocker.
- 2.1 American Football A player whose task it is to block for the ball carrier.More example sentences
- Look at all of the quality running backs, blockers, and wideouts.
- He was a tremendous rusher, a great receiver, and one of the best blockers ever for a running back.
- At any rate, they have to get a passer at some point, as well as a running back and a blocker.
More definitions of blockerDefinition of blocker in:
- The US English dictionary