Indulging in or relating to stereotypically male behaviour and interests: it is not very blokeish of me, I admit, but I have a passion for shopping
More example sentences
- And if they're not blokish, they say, ‘Well, we might as well talk to our friends in the pub.'’
- Her outfits and blokish humour are viewed with muted approval, although even she is eventually portrayed as self-serving and unreliable.
- Then he spoils his image as an incurable romantic with a blokish aside.
- More example sentences
- I found my scepticism about his blokeishness fall away, to be replaced by a desire to cheer him on.
- Politicians today flaunt their club allegiances as badges of authenticity and ordinary blokishness.
- But some reviewers said I had an unpleasant blokishness about me and it's simply not true.