Definition of blokeish in English:
Indulging in or relating to stereotypically male behaviour and interests: it is not very blokeish of me, I admit, but I have a passion for shopping
More example sentences
- And if they're not blokish, they say, ‘Well, we might as well talk to our friends in the pub.'’
- Her outfits and blokish humour are viewed with muted approval, although even she is eventually portrayed as self-serving and unreliable.
- Then he spoils his image as an incurable romantic with a blokish aside.
- Example sentences
- I found my scepticism about his blokeishness fall away, to be replaced by a desire to cheer him on.
- Politicians today flaunt their club allegiances as badges of authenticity and ordinary blokishness.
- But some reviewers said I had an unpleasant blokishness about me and it's simply not true.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan