- • informal Unrestrained and violent action or behaviour: [as modifier]: a typical blood-and-thunder cup tieMore example sentences
- But Swansea were worthy of their spirited success in a typical blood and thunder derby between Wales's oldest rivals.
- Hopefully there won't be any such scenes tonight, although you'd expect the blood and thunder atmosphere that you get in local derbies.
- With this blood and thunder contest slipping into injury time some players clutched at water bottles, slaking their thirsts and preparing for one final mighty effort.
More definitions of blood and thunderDefinition of blood and thunder in:
- The US English dictionary