- 1Covered or saturated with blood: his blood-soaked body was found with multiple stab woundsMore example sentences
- A blood-soaked man was left lying on a trolley between corridors for close on 15 hours after suffering a triple-fracture to his cheekbone.
- Criminal and civil proceedings are being prepared against rogue operators who dumped tonnes of blood-soaked hospital waste and personal records on farmland in Wicklow.
- Her parents brought her to hospital after finding her lying in blood-soaked sheets.
- 2Involving or characterized by bloodshed or cruelty: the blood-soaked history of the CrusadesMore example sentences
- Blood-soaked and cruel, the movie was a huge hit with hipster cinephiles.
- Child labour is heinous and unjustifiable, but how can we condemn other nations ' use of it when our own country was "developed" through equally blood-soaked practices?
- With the grisly story of a surgeon obsessed with restoring his daughter's disfigured face, one would expect a gruesome, blood-soaked saga of body snatching, evisceration, and sin.