- An injection of a volume of blood, previously taken from a healthy person, into a patient: surgeons gave the boy a blood transfusion [mass noun]: the patient did not require blood transfusionMore example sentences
- In severe cases of B12-deficiency anaemia, a blood transfusion may be required.
- There is cause for concern any time a patient receives a blood transfusion.
- Doctors have ruled out surgery or a blood transfusion as a cause.
More definitions of blood transfusionDefinition of blood transfusion in:
- The US English dictionary