Definition of bloody-minded in English:
Deliberately uncooperative: a bloody-minded landlord his father had been so bloody-minded
More example sentences
- What the amateur sheep-owner discovers is that lambs are bloody-minded, perverse, suicidal, self-destructive, and infuriating.
- And all of them could be bloody-minded and contrary, helping you one minute but ignoring you the next.
- People of this sign have real difficulty fitting into the established order and have a bloody-minded will of their own.
uncooperative, unreasonable, contrary, unhelpful, awkward, obstructive, truculent, recalcitrant, unaccommodating, unyielding, inflexible, uncompromising, unbending, refractory, disobliging, obstinate, stubborn, perverse, not giving an inch;
difficult, exasperating, trying;
North American informal balky
- Example sentences
- A sharp Sun-Uranus opposition makes her bloody-mindedly independent, bright, witty and wild, with a mind of her own and an originality that has yet to develop fully.
- Again, Self seems to acknowledge the error in judgment, then bloody-mindedly write it - and us - to death.
- This makes her a true action woman, who is bloody-mindedly independent - she sent her daughter away to live with her father in Japan when she was only seven.
- Example sentences
- Single-mindedness and determination are admired but shade into bloody-mindedness and obstinacy.
- Britain in the early 1940s, dark, grimy, tired after years of a war visited on the population night after night, living on hope and prayer and the sheer bloody-mindedness of a people determined never to surrender.
- The channels of communication have broken down through intransigence, sheer bloody-mindedness and despair.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan