adjective[attributive] British • informal
- Used to express annoyance or for emphasis: of all the blooming cheek! [as submodifier]: a blooming good readMore example sentences
- I saw how the fine form of man was degraded and wasted; I beheld the corruption of death succeed to the blooming cheek of life; I saw how the worm inherited the wonders of the eye and brain.
- After the arduous editing process, Lloyd himself ‘wasn't really in the best physical condition to turn round and start doing a blooming topical puppet show’.
- There were rats, rats, as big as blooming cats, in the quartermaster's store.
More definitions of bloomingDefinition of blooming in:
- The US English dictionary