- 1A sheet or pad of blotting paper in a frame, kept on a desk.More example sentences
- I love office supplies; post-its, pens, notebooks, notepads, desk blotters, desks, desk chairs, highlighters… they all call out to me in a strange way.
- ‘Yeah,’ Claire replied as she slipped his card into the desk blotter, ‘she was.’
- He glanced down at the blotter on his desk: there were papers covered with tiny Rris script there.
- 2North American A temporary recording book, especially a police charge sheet: the boys ended up on police blotters for property crimesMore example sentences
- Take a look at the police blotters and crime reports in the papers.
- He lives a quiet life off the field, stays away from police blotters, night-club fracases, drugs, and other things that other notorious athletes get drawn to like moths to the bug zapper.
- It's not usually a case of wheelchair thieves swiping chairs out from under patients, and the heists seldom show up on police blotters.
More definitions of blotterDefinition of blotter in:
- The US English dictionary