- 1A person or thing that blows, especially a mechanical device for creating a current of air used to dry or heat something: the shower will stop automatically and warm air blowers will dry you offMore example sentences
- A heat recovery ventilator comprising four rectangular regenerative heat exchangers, two blowers, a rotating air switch all disposed in a compact rectangular housing.
- Strategies include architectural decisions that result in passive air movement, and engineering decisions that rely on mechanical fans and blowers to supply and circulate fresh air and exhaust polluted air.
- ‘An air blower starts blowing at this end, and a vacuum starts at the destination,’ he continues.
- 2British • informal A telephone: I’ve been trying to get hold of you on the blowerMore example sentences
- I chatted on the blower to my friend in London for three hours today.
- I responded with an e-mail, a few more were exchanged, we agreed to chat on the blower and - result!
- We had a chat on the blower and were both satisfied with my withdrawal of the comment and my public apology.
More definitions of blowerDefinition of blower in:
- The US English dictionary