nounNorth American • informal
- A boastful or pompous person: the segregationist blowhards who would dominate the politics of my state for a generation [as modifier]: blowhard politiciansMore example sentences
- He'd probably be a senator because, in a business that attracts pompous blowhards, senators are the crème de la crème.
- That is, the program and network, its host, and its audiences were more cerebral, more scholastic, and more directly concerned with effecting change than its blowhard competitors.
- He is a rather unpleasant figure throughout much of the play, a boastful blowhard, a bully, a coward.
More definitions of blowhardDefinition of blowhard in:
- The US English dictionary