- 1Destroyed or severely damaged by an explosion: blown-up buildingsMore example sentences
- Scores of blown-up vehicles lined the roads.
- The pictures, which showed the inside of blown-up train carriages and seized bomb-making materials, had been "supplied in confidence to some of our colleague agencies", he said.
- We did not know how we were going to get past Pontoon Bridge in its blown-up state.
- 2Enlarged: a blown-up photographMore example sentences
- The regular grid on the paper at some particular time will look like a blown-up version of the way it looked at an earlier time.
- The land- or cityscapes in the blown-up photos introduce varying degrees of spatial recession, the depth depending on the scenes.
- Here's a blown-up shot of a detail from downtown Seattle, which is part of our test run.
- 3Inflated; swollen: a blown-up balloonMore example sentences
- Using the sticky tape, attach the ends of four of the lengths of string to the egg-box section and the other ends to the sides of the blown-up balloon.
- Blown-up dinosaurs hang from the ceiling and sit watching from book shelves.
- If you stick a blown-up balloon into a vat of melted chocolate, it'll pop in your face.
More definitions of blown-upDefinition of blown-up in:
- The US English dictionary