1A preparation used as a rinse on grey or white hair so as to give it a temporary blue tint.
- For the famous Greenham Common demo a group of us borrowed clothes and had temporary blue rinses done to look older.
- I see no evidence of a blue rinse, wrinkly brown stockings, big grey bloomers or a bus pass, if that's any help.
- These are normally special places where nature waves the white flag, and predators become grannies waiting for their blue rinse.
1.1 (also blue-rinsed) [as modifier] informal, derogatory Relating to conservative elderly women: the blue-rinse brigade
More example sentences
- I do believe they're talking about a more conservative dresser, not someone of the blue-rinse brigade.
- His widely-publicised friendship with the former topless model set sherry glasses rattling among the blue-rinse brigade.
- He read it a few days ago at an author event and several members of the blue-rinse brigade in the audience got up and left while he was in full flight.
Definition of blue rinse in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.