nounNorth American • informal
- A highly valued person, especially a sports player.More example sentences
- Still, despite the uncertainty at a few positions, the Scorpions mix of high-ceiling blue chippers and sure-bet second tier prospects should make for quite a few trips around the bases.
- If ‘nearly all of their blue chippers… performed well’ then why are they all the way down at 8?
- Now, many blue chippers go right from high school to the NBA.
More definitions of blue chipperDefinition of blue chipper in:
- The US English dictionary