- A North American plant of the iris family, cultivated for its blue flowers.
More example sentences
- Genus Sisyrinchium, family Iridaceae: several species
- Irises, lilies of the valley, geraniums, and blue-eyed grass are good bets just about anywhere.
- The original four blue-eyed grasses have multiplied and the native bunch grasses have prospered.
- Though their foliage is grass-like, the blue-eyed grasses belong to the iris family not the grass family.
More definitions of blue-eyed grassDefinition of blue-eyed grass in:
- The US English dictionary