- 1A common North American jay with a blue crest, back, wings, and tail.
More example sentences
- Cyanocitta cristata, family Corvidae
- Although cardinals, chickadees, titmice, blue jays, nuthatches and finches will eat the large striped sunflower seed, there is much less waste and a bit more nutrition in the small, oil type.
- We cannot recall ever having such large families of cardinals, downy and hairy woodpeckers, English sparrows, blue jays, titmice and chickadees.
- By the way, I've been called to task for not mentioning that safflower seed is very popular with cardinals, chickadees, blue jays, doves, house finches, wrens, titmice and even bluebirds.
- 1.1 another term for roller1 ( sense 4).
More definitions of blue jayDefinition of blue jay in:
- The US English dictionary