1A common North American jay with a blue crest, back, wings, and tail.
- Cyanocitta cristata, family Corvidae
More example sentences
- Although cardinals, chickadees, titmice, blue jays, nuthatches and finches will eat the large striped sunflower seed, there is much less waste and a bit more nutrition in the small, oil type.
- We cannot recall ever having such large families of cardinals, downy and hairy woodpeckers, English sparrows, blue jays, titmice and chickadees.
- By the way, I've been called to task for not mentioning that safflower seed is very popular with cardinals, chickadees, blue jays, doves, house finches, wrens, titmice and even bluebirds.
1.1 another term for roller1 (sense 4).
Definition of blue jay in:
- The US English dictionary