A bluish fungus which grows on food, some kinds of which are used to produce blue cheeses or antibiotics such as penicillin.
- Penicillium and other genera, subdivision Deuteromycotina
More example sentences
- It must be given proper time to let the blue mold form and grow, giving it that extra-added flavor you just won't find in other dairy products.
- The combination of its double-cream softness and the tanginess of the blue mould may have been accidental, but it is world-class.
- Like the blue mold that turns the Amish milk into cheese, his addition as general manager has turned the co-op into a going operation.
More definitions of blue mouldDefinition of blue mould in:
- The US English dictionary