- Censor or make cuts in (a manuscript, film, or other work): (as noun blue-pencilling) holding up each paragraph for preliminary blue-pencillingMore example sentences
- I've been blue-pencilled by madmen, seriously deranged obsessives and fiends in human shape before now.
- Also, true excellence in writing will be quickly blue-penciled into oblivion.
- Before the web, when writing that became publicly available had first to pass under the watchful eye of a sub-editor, such formations would have been blue-pencilled into conventional forms.
More definitions of blue-pencilDefinition of blue-pencil in:
- The US English dictionary