Definition of blue roan in English:
Denoting an animal having a coat that consists of evenly mixed black and white hairs, giving the coat a blue-grey colour.
- Over the large hill in the center of the field, a heavily pregnant blue roan Quarter Horse appeared.
- Yes, I had made my dream come true on the back of a big blue roan stud named DC.
- Gavin was in the coral, trying to break in a new blue roan colt.
nounBack to top
A blue roan animal.
- Our mares are producing many blue roans, bay roans and black horses with great dispositions and conformation.
- For that reason, some greys in our breed have been mis-registered as roans, especially blue roans.
- Blue has been producing beautiful red roans, blue roans, grullas, and everything in between!
Definition of blue roan in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.