adjective[attributive] • informal
- Creative or visionary and unconstrained by practicalities: blue-sky thinkingMore example sentences
- Moving toward network-centric warfare and leveraging technologies to this end requires investment in blue-sky research and cutting-edge innovation, much of which does not yield the military results expected.
- Equally, the market doesn't always know what it needs and blue-sky research will continue to produce many of the most successful technologies from a commercial viewpoint.
- The startups being acquired now have real technology to offer - and buyers have real needs, not just blue-sky visions.
More definitions of blue-skyDefinition of blue-sky in:
- The US English dictionary