- A mottled bluish-grey rorqual which is the largest living animal and reaches lengths of up to 27 m (90 ft).
More example sentences
- Balaenoptera musculus, family Balaenopteridae
- Francois (the DJ who is on in the morning) pointed out that the baby blue whale was twenty five feet long and weighed six to eight tons when it was born, and he said that the baby whale drank about 200 gals. of milk daily!
- A one-second old baby blue whale is much bigger than a one-second old human being, but they are the same age.
- But there are still question marks over the future of populations of other species, including blue whales and bowhead whales, both hunted to the verge of extinction.
More definitions of blue whaleDefinition of blue whale in:
- The US English dictionary