Definition of blueberry in English:
noun (plural blueberries)
1A small sweet blue-black edible berry which grows in clusters on North American shrubs related to the bilberry.
- Sweet cherries, blueberries, and strawberries also contain anthocyanins.
- You can pick your own blueberries without growing them.
- Plums are the stars here as are blueberries, bilberries and blackberries.
2One of the dwarf shrubs that produces blueberries, some kinds being cultivated for their fruit or as ornamentals.
- Genus Vaccinium, family Ericaceae: several species
- Scattered shrubs include two kinds of low-growing blueberries and the dwarf live oak, which is less than a foot tall.
- The same cultural practices may also be applied to blueberries, pieris, heather, holly and other plants that prefer acid, organic soils.
- Some popular small trees and shrubs with birds are: blueberries, elderberries, hollies, cherries, and dogwoods.
Words that rhyme with blueberrydewberry
Definition of blueberry in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia