Definition of bluebird in English:
An American songbird of the thrush family, the male of which has a blue head, back, and wings.
- Genus Sialia, family Turdidae: three species, including the eastern bluebird (S. sialis)
- Woodpeckers, screech owls, chickadees, nuthatches, bluebirds, tree swallows and some flycatchers need them.
- The pair compared data from studies covering 18 different species, including dwarf mongooses, meerkats, Florida scrub jays, western bluebirds, and Australian magpies.
- Pigeons are predominant, but, as you explore, you see sparrows and bluebirds and flickers and blue jays and wrens and kestrels and starlings and robins.
adjectiveBack to top
Denoting or relating to a period of time characterized by sunny, cloudless weather, typically after a night of snowfall: on beautiful bluebird days the girls rode snowmobiles a week of bluebird skies the clouds broke, the sun shone down, and the day was bluebird
More example sentences
- I woke up at about 9 to a bluebird day.
- Lets hope for a bluebird week!
- The bluebird sky and warm temperatures drew the crowds to the events.
Definition of bluebird in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.