noun (plural same or bluefishes)
- A predatory blue-coloured marine fish, which inhabits tropical and temperate waters and is popular as a game fish.
More example sentences
- Pomatomus saltatrix, the only member of the family Pomatomidae
- During my stay I caught plenty of striped bass plus some bluefish and one sea trout.
- A lot of small fish will do the job - Spanish mackerel, bluefish - but the preferred bait is the blue runner, also called a hardtail.
- It also appears that grouper, sea bass, and bluefish have higher mercury levels than previously measured.
More definitions of bluefishDefinition of bluefish in:
- The US English dictionary