A low-growing evergreen North American plant with milky-blue flowers.
- Hedyotis (or Houstonia) caerulea, family Rubiaceae
More example sentences
- That bluet breaks me up, tiny spring flower late, late in dour October.
- He stands as a glad, unnecessary witness to an event - the bluets unseasonable flowering - made possible and then actually made by ‘stamina.’
- Those little bluets look so sweet!
early 18th century: from French, diminutive of bleu 'blue'.
More definitions of bluetDefinition of bluet in:
- The US English dictionary