- 1chiefly • historical Blue powder used to preserve the whiteness of laundry.More example sentences
- Take care when using bluing or laundry bleaches or hair dyes and rinses.
- No longer do we have to deal with hot bluing or boiled linseed oil.
- Whiteners can be either bleach or bluing agents.
- 2A greyish-blue finish on metal produced by heating.More example sentences
- Highly polished bluing - probably the most beautiful of all the finishes - is no longer financially feasible in the small gun shop.
- Similarly, when you are retouching worn spots on areas like floor plates, frames or barrels, the color of the original bluing can vary greatly.
- Other manufacturers may make rifles with fancier stocks, brighter bluing, better checkering and polishing.
More definitions of bluingDefinition of bluing in:
- The US English dictionary