1 [mass noun] chiefly British A cosmetic of a powder or cream consistency used to give a warm colour to the cheeks.
- He recommends a wax or cream formulation for eye pencil, lipstick and cream blusher on the beach.
- I just knew the five most basic things - compact powder, eye shadow, blusher, eyeliner and lipstick.
- ‘When I do a competition I wear foundation, blusher, lipstick and mascara,’ she said.
2A toadstool with a buff cap bearing fluffy white spots and with white flesh that turns pink when bruised or cut, found in woodland in Eurasia and North America.
- Amanita rubescens, family Amanitaceae, class Hymenomycetes.
- The main edible species of the genus are the blusher, grisette, and orange.
- Know your blusher from your stinkhorn and a tasty dinner from certain death!
- All the same you should get expert identification before sampling them - one of the only two deadly toadstools in this country looks almost identical to the 'Blusher', which is a delicious edible variety.
Words that rhyme with blushercrusher, flusher, gusher, Prussia, rusher, Russia, usher
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: blush¦er
Definition of blusher in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.