noun (plural board feet)
- A unit of volume for timber equal to 144 cu. inches.More example sentences
- Currently, Western walnut sells for $5 to $20 a board foot.
- When one considers that every board foot of lumber used to fabricate a building's finish had first to be dressed using one or more planes from this group of tools, it is no wonder that so few have survived.
- It remains one of our most valuable tree species, based on price per board foot.
More definitions of board footDefinition of board foot in:
- The US English dictionary