- A private house providing food and lodging for paying guests.More example sentences
- The councilman was met with a large degree of skepticism regarding his proposal for distance requirements when he grouped student housing into the same category as boarding houses and group homes.
- Yesterday in the neighbourhood, a local man, who asked not to be identified, said much of the area consisted of multi-occupancy and boarding houses, with some private houses.
- We visited a lot of these hostels and shelters and boarding houses that day.
More definitions of boarding houseDefinition of boarding house in:
- The US English dictionary