The occupation or industry of building boats.
More example sentences
- Its main occupations are fishing and boatbuilding.
- In Waitakere we celebrate job growth in boatbuilding, vineyards, film making, and our traditional industries.
- The boatbuilding industry has been affected but not wiped out.
- More example sentences
- Our local boatbuilders employ 130 people and we have orders in front of us for the next two years.
- An old canoe was restored by boatbuilders specially for the project.
- The 32-year-old surfer, a teacher and boatbuilder in Cornwall, was given the equivalent of 200 stitches to a jagged wound to his right calf and foot.
Definition of boatbuilding in:
- The US English dictionary