- A seat suspended from ropes, used for work on the body or masts of a ship or the face of a building.More example sentences
- This improper arrangement allowed the dead end to slip out causing the boatswain's chair to fall.
- He quickly arranged to borrow a balloon from Holloman Air Force Base and rigged a boatswain's chair under it.
- Some were posted as lookouts in boatswain's chairs suspended from the big guns on the turrets, others took up watch on the well deck dressed as aviators in shorts with full flying gear.
More definitions of boatswain's chairDefinition of boatswain's chair in:
- The US English dictionary