Definition of bobsled in English:
North American term for bobsleigh.
- The Olympic committee said the bobsled association and ‘entrepreneurs or elites in our society’ were supposed to fund the sport and provide a bobsled, uniform and equipment for its Winter Games teams.
- This is a very vibrant, powerful and angry film offering a view of country that's not all bobsleds and dreadlocks.
- Your bobsled seems to jerk around the track and it is very difficult to learn how to properly maneuver your sled down the course.
- Example sentences
- The Salt Lake Organizing Committee must test its venues before the Games arrive, so more than a dozen events - from bobsledding and figure skating to freestyle aerobatics and downhill racing - are scheduled.
- She then turned to bobsledding, where she failed another drug test in 2002.
- What's unique about the sport of bobsledding is you can take a great athlete and make him a good bobsledder.
Words that rhyme with bobsledletterhead • cirriped • biped
Definition of bobsled in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan