- A mechanically steered and braked sledge, typically for two or four people, used for racing down an ice-covered run.More example sentences
- The Winter Olympics feature events such as the skeleton, the bobsleigh and snowboarding, as well as traditional winter sports such as ice skating, skiing and curling.
- Equally distinctive are Lartigue's photos of people zooming around in the latest high-powered vehicles - bobsleighs, go-karts, racing cars, rickety airplanes.
- A few weeks earlier, the decision had been taken to site Utah Olympic Park on this mountain, and use it to stage the bobsleigh and luge run and ski jumping venues there.
- More example sentences
- It was while on a sailing course with the man who ran bobsleighing for the RAF that she first stumbled upon winter sports.
- The Marquis de Portago achieved fame as a member of the Spain Olympic bobsleighing team and twice rode in the Grand National at Aintree.
- Noakes' reputation as the original ‘action man’, parachuting, bobsleighing or climbing Nelson's column, would be taken up by many subsequent presenters.
More definitions of bobsleighDefinition of bobsleigh in:
- The US English dictionary