Definition of bodkin in English:
1A thick, blunt needle with a large eye, used for drawing tape or cord through a hem.
- Thus the body of the witch might be subjected to penetration by bodkins or needles as the insensible spot was sought.
- Isaac Newton risked his vision by poking a bodkin beneath his eyeball to understand how we see.
- There is a nail knot/tying tool, clipper/nipper, a bodkin - which as we all know is a needle.
1.1 historical A long pin used for fastening up the hair.
3 archaic A dagger.
- This situation, Durkheim reasons, maximizes the probability that the temptation for the individual to end it all with a bare bodkin will not be resisted.
- Thankfully, the other film's plentiful bare bodkins come to rescue us from anticipation frustration.
- The heavy draw weight of these warbows requires a significantly heavier shafted arrow, usually with some form of bodkin head, which had enough weight to strike its target with frightening power.
Definition of bodkin in:
- US English dictionary