Entry from US English dictionary
1A close-fitting woman’s garment for the upper body that is closed at the crotch.
- After all, it's 1980 we're talking about here and you know the old saying, ‘If you can remember 1980… you wore a body shirt.’
- I'll be wearing a pair of mauve and yellow striped flared corduroy jeans, white platform sole shoes, a brown body shirt with white-trimmed large collar - admittedly a tad frayed at the edges - and a pale blue safari suit jacket.
- It is an act of worship to the sixties and seventies - to flares and body shirts and all that glitters.
1.1A close-fitting blouse or shirt.
- He paired sexy bikinis and halter-top bathing suits with body shirts and other pieces in his signature Deep Sea Treasures print.
- Fashion also had an impact on hairstyles when men began wearing flares, platform shoes, seersucker trousers, and body shirts and denim came into fashion.
- If a body shirt worked back then it probably will work for its original purpose today.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.