- A psychological disorder in which a person becomes obsessed with imaginary defects in their appearance.More example sentences
- Psychiatric problems to which the assessor needs to be alert include generalised anxiety states, depressive illness, psychosis, body dysmorphic disorder, gender identity problems, and alcoholism.
- Dr Misra pointed to a study published in 2001 that found 23% of patients seeking Botox treatment at a dermatology clinic had body dysmorphic disorder, and that psychotherapy was considered the more appropriate treatment for them.
- A group of women with critically low self-esteem, probably suffering from eating disorders and body dysmorphic disorder, compete to be designated as the ugliest contestant, most in need of plastic surgery.
More definitions of body dysmorphic disorderDefinition of body dysmorphic disorder in:
- The US English dictionary