Prejudice or discrimination based on a person’s weight and appearance: there have also been complaints about gender discrimination and body fascism in elite sport
More example sentences
- She punctuated her career with asides about the 'body fascism' of television bosses.
- Her success was seen as a heart-warming populist victory against the body fascism visible in hip hop videos.
- The media are rightly criticised for 'body fascism', and placing too much attention on size 10 supermodels.
body fascist noun & adjective
- Example sentences
- They are a nation of supremely beautiful, beach-dwelling body fascists.
- He was not a body fascist; his couture line featured a wraparound design that meant it could accommodate size fluctuations.
- Telling women to look like her was just as body fascist as telling them to get stick thin.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: body fas|cism
Definition of body fascism in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.