Prejudice or discrimination based on a person’s weight and appearance: there have also been complaints about gender discrimination and body fascism in elite sport
More example sentences
- The canonization of the hero-athlete by sculptors also amounts to a sort of 'body fascism'.
- He is not out to truly challenge the body fascism of ballet institutions.
- She will not escape the body fascism that pervades the modern media.
- More example sentences
- The show aimed to debunk body-fascist myths of perfection perpetuated by the fashion, beauty and advertising industries.
- I need a caftan and a large hat to shield me from the body fascists by the pool.
- Telling women to look like her was just as body fascist as telling them to get stick thin.
Definition of body fascism in:
- The US English dictionary