Definition of body fascism in English:
Prejudice or discrimination based on a person’s weight and appearance: there have also been complaints about gender discrimination and body fascism in elite sport
More example sentences
- The canonization of the hero-athlete by sculptors also amounts to a sort of 'body fascism'.
- He is not out to truly challenge the body fascism of ballet institutions.
- She will not escape the body fascism that pervades the modern media.
body fascist noun & adjective
- Example sentences
- The show aimed to debunk body-fascist myths of perfection perpetuated by the fashion, beauty and advertising industries.
- I need a caftan and a large hat to shield me from the body fascists by the pool.
- Telling women to look like her was just as body fascist as telling them to get stick thin.
Definition of body fascism in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan