noun (plural body mass indices)
- An approximate measure of whether someone is over- or underweight, calculated by dividing their weight in kilograms by the square of their height in metres.More example sentences
- Height, weight, calculated body mass index, and blood pressures were recorded.
- We calculated body mass index from measured height and weight.
- Patients' weight and height were measured and their body mass index calculated.
More definitions of body mass indexDefinition of body mass index in:
- The US English dictionary