nounchiefly North American
- A garage where repairs to the bodywork of vehicles are carried out.More example sentences
- North American vehicle manufacturers have been pursuing and promoting the ability to produce a variable mix of models with the same body shop and assembly line, for example switching between a sedan and an SUV on the fly.
- The new paint shop was built in 1997 as part of an initial investment of $395 million, which also included refurbishing the body shop and final assembly areas.
- A specialized Nissan dealer would be ideal but, if there isn't one in your area, any garage or body shop should be able to place a special order for the Nissan parts that are needed.
More definitions of body shopDefinition of body shop in:
- The US English dictionary