- A person who illicitly disinterred corpses for dissection, for which there was no legal provision until 1832.More example sentences
- The Daily Express headline ‘Scandal of the bodysnatchers’ was inappropriate because there were no bodysnatchers.
- The famous bodysnatchers Burke and Hare were never charged with violation of sepulchre because they eventually resorted to murder as a way of finding bodies to sell.
- There are displays dedicated to the notorious Edinburgh bodysnatchers Burke and Hare, and cannibal Sawney Bean.
- More example sentences
- However, after two years marked by ‘scandalous behavior, ‘he was forced to flee at night due to a ‘serious incident, ‘rumored to have involved bodysnatching from a local cemetery.’
- There shouldn't be any displacement or bodysnatching, although he isn't morally opposed to those kinds of things happening.
- But if American freedom of information legislation is now allowing some of the story belatedly to emerge, the whole truth about the extent of British-American bodysnatching is unlikely ever to become public knowledge.
More definitions of bodysnatcherDefinition of bodysnatcher in:
- The US English dictionary