- A large cross-breed dog bred from the mastiff and indigenous African dogs.More example sentences
- The terrible death of the boerbull called Boomer has traumatised his owners, who regarded him as a member of the family.
- Inside their spartan kennels, Scoop, a boerbul, circles frenetically, obsessively pawing at the gate to his pen.
- Bella, our young boerbul had just spent 10 days at the vet after having her leg shattered in an altercation with a car.
1960s: Afrikaans, from boer (commonly applied to indigenous plants and animals) + boel, from Dutch bul (as in bulhond 'mastiff').
More definitions of boerboelDefinition of boerboel in:
- The US English dictionary