- A plant of the arum family, with heart-shaped leaves, a white spathe, and a green spadix. It grows in swamps and boggy ground in north temperate regions. Also called calla or water calla.
More example sentences
- Calla palustris, family Araceae
- It contains many triflorum rhododendrons as well as a boggy pool with royal ferns and bog arums.
- Where else can you get your picture taken with Juvan's houseleek and the endemic bog arum?
- The skunk cabbage I am talking about is Lysichiton americanus, and is also called swamp lantern, and bog arum.