(also bog iron ore)
- An impure porous form of limonite deposited in bogs.More example sentences
- Also needed were iron ore or bog iron, limestone to be used as the purifying flux, and a water power source to run the bellows to deliver huge amounts of air into the blast for twenty-four-hour-a-day operations.
- Several large pieces of iron slag suggest the village was self-sufficient for iron tools, perhaps using ‘bog iron’ as raw material.
- The very earliest tools were probably made of local bog iron.
More definitions of bog ironDefinition of bog iron in:
- The US English dictionary