A deciduous shrub of boggy places, with short upright catkins and aromatic grey-green leaves with insecticidal properties. Also called sweet gale.
- Myrica gale, family Myricaceae
More example sentences
- The air was heavy with the aromatic scent of bog myrtle.
- Recently, attention has focused on oil distilled from the leaves of bog myrtle.
- She developed a repellent based on the oil of the bog myrtle plant, which is said to be relatively successful.
Definition of bog myrtle in:
- The US English dictionary