- A plant of bogs and shallow water which has creeping rhizomes, bean-like three-lobed leaves, and hairy white or pinkish flowers. Also called buckbean.
More example sentences
- Menyanthes trifoliata, family Menyanthaceae
- In the Yorkshire Dales National Park places where bogbean can be seen include the Malham Tarn National Nature Reserve.
- In spring and summer, early and southern marsh orchids vie with marsh peas and bogbeans for the flower lover's attention.
- Pharmacological and chemical studies of the bogbean have been carried out at the Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Division of Pharmacognosy of Uppsala University.
More definitions of bogbeanDefinition of bogbean in:
- The US English dictionary