Definition of boho in English:
noun (plural bohos)
Informal term for Bohemian (sense 2) of the noun).
- The book's cast of characters includes the familiar, with chapters on the likes of Socrates, the transcendentalists, the bohos of Paris' Cabaret Voltaire, the Beats, and Students for a Democratic Society.
- Apparently produced primarily by young adults, it rarely panders to commercial generational stereotypes - no lounging, lip-ringed bohos or faux angry punk rockers.
- Spend too much time with a bunch of would-be bohos bemoaning their chosen lot in life, and you may start to yearn for a simple-minded superhero knockdown fest.
adjectiveBack to top
informal term for Bohemian (sense 2) of the adjective).
- Apparently I have a ‘groovy urban boho life spent cruising bagel shops, watching films in Swahili and listening to music sung in ancient tribal click languages’.
- They've toured with both The Strokes and The Dandy Warhols, but don't let that fool you into thinking they're into sharp image-manipulation or limp boho affectation.
- It's a few weeks later and we are in boho Chelsea at The Kitchen, a hip Manhattan fringe theatre space, where 18 of Dave and Al's kids are putting on a piece of theatre based on their own lives.
Definition of boho in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan