noun (plural bohos)
- informal term for Bohemian ( sense 2 of the noun).More example sentences
- The book's cast of characters includes the familiar, with chapters on the likes of Socrates, the transcendentalists, the bohos of Paris' Cabaret Voltaire, the Beats, and Students for a Democratic Society.
- Apparently produced primarily by young adults, it rarely panders to commercial generational stereotypes - no lounging, lip-ringed bohos or faux angry punk rockers.
- Spend too much time with a bunch of would-be bohos bemoaning their chosen lot in life, and you may start to yearn for a simple-minded superhero knockdown fest.
adjectiveBack to top
- informal term for Bohemian ( sense 2 of the adjective).More example sentences
- Apparently I have a ‘groovy urban boho life spent cruising bagel shops, watching films in Swahili and listening to music sung in ancient tribal click languages’.
- They've toured with both The Strokes and The Dandy Warhols, but don't let that fool you into thinking they're into sharp image-manipulation or limp boho affectation.
- It's a few weeks later and we are in boho Chelsea at The Kitchen, a hip Manhattan fringe theatre space, where 18 of Dave and Al's kids are putting on a piece of theatre based on their own lives.
More definitions of bohoDefinition of boho in:
- The US English dictionary