- 1A worker who makes metal boilers for generating steam.More example sentences
- One worker, a boilermaker who left his wife and children in Johannesburg under the impression he had a family visa, went public about his predicament last Wednesday.
- Often treated as a separate craft in the open shop, welders are supplied by several unions in the organized sector, such as the boilermakers, plumbers and pipefitters' and ironworkers' unions.
- There was for instance a building engineer, a boilermaker, two motor mechanics, and a television programme coordinator.
- 1.1A metalworker in heavy industry.More example sentences
- These are the homes of your honest artisans - labourers, boilermakers, factory hands and motor mechanics.
- I know top students who decided to become welders, or auto mechanics, or boilermakers, or chefs - because they loved working with their hands as well as their heads.
- I mean, if a Bengali weaver, a Jamaican fisherman and an Aussie boilermaker came together, they would all have at least one topic to talk about.
- 2North American A shot of whisky followed immediately by a glass of beer as a chaser.More example sentences
- Remember the night I put away seven boilermakers while in the presence of a naval officer?
- The two guys with me had been way generous with the boilermakers.
- You were virtually assured there would be at least a couple of men in there quaffing boilermakers who would be just tickled purple to defend a scared kid.
More definitions of boilermakerDefinition of boilermaker in:
- The US English dictionary