- A bass tuba.More example sentences
- Every instrument, from the cornets on top to the bombardons or basses on the bottom, used the same valve fingerings.
- Seven others were invoking the spirits of the ancient Roman cult of Jupiter with an assortment of instruments including bombardons, Celtic flutes and de rigueur Mellotrons
- In fact, he did not even use one brass band: there are no cornets, saxhorns and bombardons in the score, but there is extra orchestral brass.
mid 19th century: from Italian bombardone, from bombardo 'cannon'. Compare with bombarde.
More definitions of bombardonDefinition of bombardon in:
- The US English dictionary