Definition of boneset in English:
1A North American plant of the daisy family, which bears clusters of small white flowers and is used in herbal medicine.
- Eupatorium perfoliatum, family Compositae
- Secondly, don't forget the potency and value of our local herbs such as boneset and lemon balm for treating such conditions.
- The boneset tastes like autumn pork, roasting in a pan with mint leaves, raspberry tea, and lemon peels.
- Common species include Virginia mountain mint, perfoliate boneset, and New England aster.
1.1British The common comfrey, the ground-up root of which was formerly used as a ‘plaster’ to set broken bones.
- Also known as common comfrey, blackwort, boneset, bruisewort, gum plant, healing herb, salsify, and slippery root, this erect-growing herb can reach a height of one meter.
- Comfrey was used by herbalists to promote more rapid repair of broken bones, hence the common names boneset and knitbone.
Definition of boneset in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan